Monstrous Café > Mayday! Mayday!

Rage

(1/9) > >>

Thirteen:
I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to control rage (or severe  anger)?

I'm going through a lot, and I tend to fall into rages when provoked, I'm extremely irritable, snappy, and tense. I feel that I phsycologically shift into an inner beast while mad (and I mean MAD) I feel my bane prick and I snarl, and I feel an inner strength that I just don't posess when unprovoked. I also tend to have homicidal and dangerous thoughts, very gory and wrong; I can easily contain these urges, but it's just the things that I see in my head that disturb me.

I need a way to relax and calm down.

I'm beginning meditation, but it's hard to meditate when you don't have a peaceful place or it's dark outside. (look at that, its the full moon - how ironic)

Can anyone offer up some quick fixes?

P.S. I'm in several therapies for coping techniques, I know them all by heart, but I need something a little more powerful. A spell perhaps?

Nina:
If nothing works, go see a physician and make take some pills. They can fix that ;) I normally dont recommend such things, but rage can be quite dangerous, not only for yourself but others around you. And, I wouldnt recommend spells for someone that is already having control issues.

Thirteen:
I'm on medication to tell you the truth. :/ I've been on meds my entire life. I've tried several.

Nothing stops this.

ViciouslyMe:
Yeah, I use to have these kinds of problems. Personally, I just learned to bottle it up and release it in less violent ways, like video games sometimes. I mean, there's more that goes through my head, but it's hard to explain.

TeteoInan:
I worry about ever offering someone tips or advice on objects and spells, because I'm afraid they'll become reliant on the stuff.

Everyone handles their emotions differently, and so unfortunately we can't give you anything to FIX it. We can offer suggestions, links, personal experiences and whatnot though.
For me, well before the pregnancy I put my anger into my comp. fighting. I was in a brawling league... and if hitting the heavy bag didn't help, I'd take a run. A good, long, run. Maybe through the woods. Breathing, breathing helps as well.

Find something that requires your full attention, maybe even something that requires some deep concentration. This can vary for people; puzzles work wonders, I hear... Maybe cooking, cleaning, if you're into that.
Removing yourself ( and of course, if you've been to therapy for this, then this is all old news ) from the situation is always the best thing to do, however if you find that you can't for one reason or the other, then finding a "happy place" in your head is a wonderful next step.
Not so much ignoring the situation, as separating yourself consciously from it. You're still aware of your surroundings, and everything that's going on, but you no longer register it like your normally would. It's an almost on the spot form of meditation.

--- Quote from: Thirteen on October 09, 2011, 04:25:50 PM ---I'm beginning meditation, but it's hard to meditate when you don't have a peaceful place or it's dark outside. (look at that, its the full moon - how ironic)

--- End quote ---

Wonderful, that you are!
Can you go to the bathroom? Take some music in there, and take a good shower ( or soaking bath ). I wouldn't suggest meditating in the shower, but can you "become one" with the music?
What about going outside, can you take walks?

There is also finding someone to talk to. I believe my yahoo information is on my profile, and if it's not: destinationinsanity

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version