The Animal Within > Monstrous Animals

Hell Hounds Follow me

(1/3) > >>

banshee72:
Are hell hounds good or evil? I've hread that they could be good or bad. I've seen them myself and I am not sure if I should be worried or not.  :-(  I usually see them with the Hat Man near by but not all the time. Are they just watching over me? Or do  they have something evil planned? What should I do? They don't really scare me though, the just startle me. What do you think about hell hounds?

I would love to hear your opinions and anyone else who has had the same experiences with these ghostly black dogs!

EDIT: Not to change the subject but when I lived in my old place we would see this shadow cat. We saw it all the time. It lived with us lol

FlamE:
What do I think about hell hounds? I think that reading about them is interesting but I know they are not real. Seriously , when are you people going to stop bringing paranormal subjects into your lives to make it more interesting ? Jeez.

And to answer your questions: They are evil. They have something evil planned , something that goes by the name of 'mental disorder' and that draws closer and closer with each hell hound you see. What should you do , you ask? You should research more , be more skeptic and stop being a kid.

matthew321:
I have not been on here for a while, but I feel I can contribute to this topic.

FlamE please tell me why you think they are not real. Please offer me a kind argument because I am under the impression you are a close minded and a bit rude. I don't care if you are right or not but politeness is a requisite for good debate.
I like arguing (I mean "debating") far more then I enjoy being right.

As for the Hell hounds following you, when do they follow you? For how long? Where are they? What are they doing? What do they look like? How do you know they are Hell Hounds? Do you like them?

Answer these questions and you will be getting your own answers from them. (If you can imagine that sentence being said in a "Jedi" kind of mindset, that would be appropriate here)

Jake:

--- Quote from: matthew321 on April 05, 2012, 05:34:28 PM ---FlamE please tell me why you think they are not real.

--- End quote ---

Absence of evidence of their existence should be reason enough for everyone to think they are not real. It is not for FlamE to explain or disprove the existence of "hell hounds" but for banshee72 or you to explain or prove their existence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AXBvmd-xcw

--- Quote from: matthew321 on April 05, 2012, 05:34:28 PM ---I am under the impression you are a close minded

--- End quote ---

Really? How often must I link this video about how the "close minded" argument is completely invalid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI

--- Quote from: matthew321 on April 05, 2012, 05:34:28 PM ---and a bit rude. I don't care if you are right or not but politeness is a requisite for good debate.

--- End quote ---

Since when? "Politeness" is purely a culturally-defined phenomenon. Moreover, you ignore the whole field of politeness theory; FlamE's "bald on-record strategy" is perfectly acceptable in debate.

--- Quote from: matthew321 on April 05, 2012, 05:34:28 PM ---As for the Hell hounds following you, when do they follow you? For how long? Where are they? What are they doing? What do they look like? How do you know they are Hell Hounds? Do you like them?

Answer these questions and you will be getting your own answers from them. (If you can imagine that sentence being said in a "Jedi" kind of mindset, that would be appropriate here)

--- End quote ---

That appears to be nonsensical reinforcement. I would ask instead:
1. Did you photograph these creatures?
2. Did they leave any physical evidence of their presence?
3. Did a reliable independent witness also see them?
4. Did you report this stalking to any authority?

If the answer to any of these questions is "yes" then perhaps the claims can be considered seriously. If  not, then explain why anybody should take them seriously.

matthew321:
Jake that video was rather informative but I still stand by my argument and will offer reason why I made such statements. (In this case is that evidence?)

I directed the question to FlamE of why HE believes these "Hell Hounds" are not real. I am perfectly fine with the idea of insufficient evidence not being able to promote valid argument. However, FlamE said
--- Quote from: FlamE on April 03, 2012, 05:14:12 AM ---What do I think about hell hounds? I think that reading about them is interesting but I know they are not real. Seriously , when are you people going to stop bringing paranormal subjects into your lives to make it more interesting ? Jeez.

--- End quote ---

"I know they are not real" The "I know" part is what I want explained. Even with the current lack of evidence I want to know if that is indeed the basis of HIS argument.  I was not able to ascertain that from "I know they are not real".

Again the close minded argument I presented comes from "I know they are not real and "when are you people going to stop bringing paranormal subjects into your lives to make it more interesting ? Jeez." Instant explanation of situation and dismissal of other argumentative points. Is this not what the video you referenced would define as close minded?
I'm not saying the person intended to be close minded, I simply am getting that impression from what has been stated. I am still willing to accept his argument.

I am not familiar with "bald on-record strategy" I would like this explained. I have absolutely no idea what you mean so I cannot comment on this point.

Now my questions serve the a similar purpose to yours. It does not matter if these "Hell Hounds" are real or not. What matters is if the individual them self is convinced they are real. The belief will be enough to attribute much phenomenon to these "Hell Hounds".

I asked those questions so that I can get the answers from the individual's perspective, I am trying to get their whole argument.

Your questions Jake seem to be able to provide evidence to outsiders. You desire some proof and this is reasonable. So I also will ask, is their any proof? Or only testimony?

But even if they are not real, ("Hell hounds") I need to know if the individual believes they are real. So I ask questions based on the assumption that the individual them self has reasoned their existence.

I have yet to say whether or not I believe the case. I am missing important parts of the argument so I cannot make that decision yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version