Author Topic: Enochian Magic  (Read 10028 times)

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
  • all natural..yo estoy loca pero no como mi vida XD
Re: Enochian Magic
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 04:57:35 PM »
exactly what is enochian magic ?
Rejected and abandoned by all, as i walk fear is marked by the eyes of all...

SKGS
  • Fearless Warrior
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »
In short - it is ceremonial magic to summon angels.
Knowledge is power.

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 04:00:03 PM »
OK skgs i will give you my worthless opinion on the subject of enochian magic.

In my opinion it is a bunch of intentionally over complicated drivel to pull the wool over the eyes of people who dont know any better.
It works on the principle "baffle them with bullsh@t"

I remember when the first book 'the keys of enochian magic' first came out, must have been 25 years ago. It sold quite well amongst occult circles and the first New Age shops that were starting to spring up. Lo and behold a second and third book came out soon after. I played around with it for a while, even designed an entire RPG world set in the astral plane using the tablets seals and calls as part of the game. I wondered if people concentraing on them for entire evenings would have any effect.
But I digress......

It is only in the paradgim of  totally believing this fiction, or that of superstition, that we can get any results whatsoever.
The results are akin to the power of auto suggestion or self hypnosis, with accompanying historical background and supporting storyline to reinforce the interpretation of any effects.

Not that self hypnosis should be underestimated. Its a great tool, and works well within a good story. It is just healthier to see it for what it is rather than get caught up in the nonsense of the supporting story line.

Anyone care to disagree can simply post up their experiences with using enochian magic for me to look at.
I am quite prepared to be wrong should i see genuine experience to the contrary.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:19:38 PM by oldbill4823 »

SKGS
  • Fearless Warrior
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »
After researching and a lot of reading and trying for several month now I have come to the same opinion as Oldbill.

I had started this post to see if anybody had the same or a different experience.

Knowledge is power.

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 01:19:07 AM »
Hooray hooray hooray hooray hooray hooray

Opinions based on open minded experimentation.
Now my own opinion has some worth for you, that of confirmation

There is a ray of hope for Monstrous after all.
Maybe this is the start of a New Golden Dawn here.

On a slightly different tack i do think that enochian magic has a value as a story or magical paradigm to work with IF it resonates with us and we feel we can really get into it.
Magical lets pretend is a great tool and valid technique. This is one of the founding concepts behind chaos magic. Which i feel is slightly more intelligent way of approaching occultism in these times.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:27:40 AM by oldbill4823 »

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 12:30:57 PM »
hmm so when did enochian magic start ? is it old magic or something kinda new ? or was that book the initial start of enochian magic ?

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 12:58:18 PM »
Well seeing as how it is just stories based on stories when does anything really start?

My guess is that this style of magic has been around as long as the word 'angel' was first uttered.

Consider this, until books like  LaVeys work and 'the keys of enochian magic' entered the scene this wasnt even really  a subject. It was the popularisation of these media that  turned these myths into a legitimate public occult followings. People now talk about enochian magic like it was a standard study subject with deep roots and awesome magical potential. In reality its a set of stories that have worked together to create something more than their meagre origins. If there is any real magic in it, it is this.

Enochian magic is a good example of the process of history and the effect of ideas and stories on the human mind. Some ideas grow, others floursih, others die.   If you want another example of the power of mere stories look at the story of Christ. Or vampires for that matter.

oops, did i really say that?

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 08:34:01 AM »
ah thanks oldbill4823 but now i've lost interest in this magic since basically its not really magic   *<:)

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 08:47:30 AM »
Hmmm, i wonder when are you going to say the same thing about vampires werewolves demon hunters and therians, in fact any of these things that are based on stories.

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 09:46:23 AM »
eh maybe or maybe not BUT my main  focus is to make my abilities better so that i can have fun with 'em which hopefully would end my misery with people : *(

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 11:19:09 AM »
I think this is where you are going wrong CM. Yes by all means have fun with people, but to look to develop special powers as a cure for all your problems with people is wrong. It is this type of thinking that is the cause problems with people.

If you want to develop, well thats great, but be realistic about what it is that you want.
If you want better relations with people then work on that. If you want better relationships with people study communication skills, not psychic development.

If you want to develop things that most people wont understand, well  that is something completely different. Most likely it will make normal relationships with friends family etc very very difficult.

The thing i see time and time again is people that feel incomplete, people that feel they are missing something,  somehow think they will solve all their problems with being a werewolf or having special powers over people. This is just really f@@ked up thinking. Its retarded thinking that is stuck at teenage fantasy level. Ie bad, dumb, nuts, piss poor, lame.  Get the idea?

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »
no i don't want to improve my abilities so that things are better between people and i. for people to wanna talk to me i'd basically have to change myself which i'll never do and the communication and all that crap.
its just that im tired of being put down so much, feeling like a monster, being treated like crap for no reason : *( im f*#king tired of it ! : *(
so for those who do me wrong i want 'em to feel hell because its not right what people always put me through : *( : *(

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 12:35:35 PM »
CM we risk starting a whole new topic here. Maybe you should start one in idle called "why do people treat me like crap?"

The topic WAS enochian magic, hopefully it will be again soon.   :focus:

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2010, 02:38:24 PM »
hmm so when did enochian magic start ? is it old magic or something kinda new ? or was that book the initial start of enochian magic ?

The Enochian Script was devised by a rather talented individual to persuade an rather dense man of power/money/influence to fund his research.  There have been multiple versions of the script over the years, all of which claim that they are the true version.  The Script has been said to have been handed down by the Angel Ave (good luck finding anything else on this angel) and then later revised by another Angel due to the fact that the original was incorrect. (Now do we really want to play with a skewed form of magic that angels can not even agree upon?)  In all I would say that the Enochian Script is less than reliable and not to be trusted even on the best of days. 

I myself have found 4 different versions of it, all of which I have copied down to study, but seeing as no one has yet to prove which is best that is alls I can use it for, reference material.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2010, 03:42:19 PM »
no with a couple my abilities... lets say i think that if improve them ALOT then i can literally unleash hell on those who hurt me.. i don't wanna further explain but yea or maybe i will but in a new topic

:focus: