Witches Brew > Pagan Living

The Afterlife, Reincarnation, and Earthbound Spirits

<< < (6/6)

AWBrielle:
Again, I have a few books that I could bring up over here, I just have to look through our library and find them. So my end will have some source documentation for y'all to peruse.

Out of curiosity: what would you all define as a true "ghost," if that's at all possible? Just fodder for discussion. I'm not even sure you can nail a haunting down on any one entity, provided we use what you consider a "ghost" to explain certain occurrences in said hauntings.

ViciouslyMe:
I would define ghost mostly as the soul or spirit of a deceased that makes itself known, be it visualy or through interaction. Though until observations lean towards it being a soul/spirit, I'd just label it as a haunting.

ravinclaw:
I find Nina's theory of the fourty day thing for a spirit to hang around prety interesting....and so far as a natural death, I would go so far as to say its probably somewhat acurate.  I beleive things arnt as simple as we would like to believe. We dont always experiance the same things when we die. People who died sudenly, tragicly, unexpectedly may tend to hang around a little longer. Those who expected death, knew it was coming....possibly even welcomed it due to a poor quallity of life are able to move on with ease.

BUT  what of those who train for it. We all know the black cloke draws near. There are ways to manipulate our aura, chi, what ever you choose to call it. By doing so can we manipulate death itself? Shall we look into the THREE Deaths? or have we already?.....A new subject? Not if you wait for me to bring it up   :evil:

AWBrielle:
No, I'd say that kind of fits with this topic. Good question. It's possible, indeed; I've seen it done. Not to say the person's immortal at all -- they pushed the boundaries of death for quite a long time. Things just ended up backfiring on him because he was relying on darker works -- the manipulation of negative spirits and souls (those who could not move on, due to extreme and horrible karma, etc.)...yeah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version