Ghosts, Poltergeists & Apparitions > Ghostly Encounters

Debunked - and a demonstration of gullibility

(1/1)

Jake:
A friend sent me a link to a site which claimed that "strange sounds" had been recorded in the skies over Missoula, Montana in February this year. The person who captured the sounds is one Aaron Traylor, a DJ for radio station Energy 107.5 KENR Missoula.

Here's the video he recorded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1GXFOWjEVk

He states:

--- Quote ---It was yesterday, Saturday, Feb 18th around 12:40pm in the Hellgate Elementary School playground. I was taking my daughter out for her daily exercise (the same girl you see in the distance in the video) along with my dog. I started to hear the sounds early on in our little adventure and the first time it was heard my dog perked her ears up and my daughter stopped in her tracks. That sound was identical to the one I had taped later, and lasted just as long. Now since I’ve been following this worldwide strange sounds phenomenon for some time, the whole “End of the world” thing popped instantly into my head. What if this was one of those sounds? I had my phone ready to capture the next one just in case. Sure enough, five minutes later the sound had returned.

--- End quote ---

He then goes on to "debunk" the "rational" options: a nearby train track, Missoula Airport and cars.

His closing remarks:

--- Quote ---And please, don’t ever think this was my lame attempt at a practical joke. Yes, I have been known to pull a fast one on this community from time to time. But this time was not a prank or PR stunt. It was simply something unexplained that I hope we could shed some light on with your help.

Is this God’s second coming? Are the aliens aligning for their global attack? Is it Mother Nature preparing to kick us off this planet? Take from it what you will. Follow your instincts, and always, ALWAYS ask questions. It’s the only way we can get the answers.

--- End quote ---

Before I even got around to reading other people's comments to see if they, like me, had spotted what it really was, I did a quick search for another video and here's the one I was looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh9_l8LGWn8

having confirmed the hoax, I then read through the comments, expecting to see other people pointing out what was used to fake the sound of "God’s second coming [or] aliens aligning for their global attack [or] Mother Nature preparing to kick us off this planet..."

I was shocked to see only one or two other comments that had spotted the hoax! the rest were from the gullible and the tinfoil hatters, saying things like

--- Quote ---Somethings going on but i still dont know what it is and will not claim to know what it is. Only that it is something that we do not understand.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---I think this sound is the sonic underground rail that can go like Mach 2. They can go from the west coast to the east cast of the US in like 20 minutes...and if you listen closely, that is what it sounds like a train. Listen to Steve Quayle or Coast to Coast AM on you tube. They talk about the underground sonic rails
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Those sounds mean bad news. They are reported worldwide at different frequencies. Looks like they relate to a weakening magnetic field with charged particles from the solar wind getting deeper into the atmosphere than before. In the past, mass explosions accompanied these reversals and then we experienced mass extinctions.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---god's upset...time to change people...repent or god's wrath of the nations is soon come
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---the sound is coming from space not the earth
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Aaron, I suggest you talk to my Friend [name redacted]. She has been doing a lot of research on this and her heart is very much there. She is a Christian and loves to discuss this. I am sure she would love someone else to discuss this with :) God Bless!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---I'm sorry people are giving you are hard time over posting this noise but I am here to tell you I was in Lolo at home watching TV and heard the strange noise as well. At the time I had just passed it off as weird noises from a plane or helicopter as we are right in the flight path but after I heard your recording of it - I relized that it couldve been something else.
--- End quote ---

Perhaps they are all right, and the world is about to end: on the strength of this, we're all going to die from STUPIDITY.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version