Apocalypse Soon > Conspiracies

Science

<< < (2/4) > >>

markml0528:

--- Quote from: Nina on June 17, 2012, 08:07:03 AM ---maybe cause we learned that scientists are mostly a bunch of egoistical maniacs that can destroy entire population if pushed in the right direction?
--- End quote ---

This makes about as much sense as saying that police officers are mostly just power corrupted officials.  There will always be a few bad eggs that make the whole look bad.  You're classifying the majority of a group of people based off of just a few. 

--- Quote from: Nina on June 17, 2012, 08:07:03 AM ---(if want explanation of this statement, just check the internet and see where this famous science of ours brought the Planet to)
--- End quote ---

Science has lead mankind to its greatest achievements and brought the highest quality of life in human history.  The same CANNOT be said of religion, with the numerous wars its sparked, and attempts to control it's people, and the killing of innocent "blasphemer's".  In my personal experience, which certainly does not represent the whole of religious people, the religious people I have encountered seem to dislike critical thinking and dislike it when I play devil's advocate with them, they take offense to it. 

--- Quote from: Nina on June 17, 2012, 08:07:03 AM ---does it make them better or worse than any other "leading" figure, such as presidents or priests or doctors?

i see a lot of people lately spit on religions and beliefs, only to make a new God out of science, and scientists new priests...

think where it took us in the history

and sure, no one can prove God, but let me play his advocate just for the sake of debate, and ask who was it that proved God is not existing?
--- End quote ---

I do not spit on religions and beliefs, I just don't think I have any reason to believe in any religion.  The best reason I have is "because my parents told me to".  If God is real, and he made me the way I am, he would know that I would require a higher set of standards than most before I believe in something.    To damn me to hell, simply because of the way he made me, I feel like that would make god a hypocrite.  Because then it would be his "flaws" (which are impossible for God) that caused me to be damned to Hell.  How many inconsistencies is that?  You're not playing God's advocate, you're implying that because someone cannot prove that God does not exist, that somehow makes it possible or even likely that he does exist.  Religion and God are what is called an Unfalsifiable theory. 

--- Quote from: Nina on June 17, 2012, 08:07:03 AM ---dont get me wrong, im not saying science is all wrong and religion is all about candy.... i do have a logical mind beneath all this weird lifetime experience....

but just but, what if everyone is wrong?

or better, what if everyone is right and not all is defined by a few rigid "laws" that are the result of people doubting and searching throughout aeons?

not all is matter in the Universe, and not all can be defined as such....

--- End quote ---

Based off of the positions you've taken and proposed, I have a difficult time believing how logical your mind really is.  And I mean that in no offense, but more of blunt honesty. 

Nina:

--- Quote ---This is just flawed. You might well ask "What have the Scientists ever done for us?"
--- End quote ---

Quite, sure they did a lot of good, but lets be honest and say that they did as much bad. Recent studies show that some of the most spread vaccines that were used not so long ago cause mental and physical retardation.
Lets pretend that years of wrong perception of mental illness brought thousands and thousands of people who are ruined forever. Ok, thats nothing to mention.
Then lets hop to mr military scientist, yaaay, what awesome way to use this type of energy, lets use it for killing first, then give it to the humanity after we find a better one? Oh, right, they are military so that doesnt count.

Ok, agreed, Same as the scientists that worked for pappy Adolf, did a lil human testing, yay thats sooo much fun this science, lets all move and work for other fascist government. Ok, never mind that. They were just a few, right?

Then lets pretend that those scientists dont do their big jobs for even bigger corporations, take millions and give humanity lovely things as new diseases, toxic wastes, chemtrails, GMO that kills fertility in both animals and humans.... nothing honorable in that science that u put so high up.

And sure, there were a lot of them that did so much good for the humanity, no one can deny that, but try being a scientist that perceives reality differently than majority of scientific circles. They will be ridiculed and shut off, only cause their ideas are not worth expanding, since some cant make profit of it.

--- Quote ---And I would go so far as to suggest that science is at its most dangerous when it falls into the hands of people who want to exploit it... for example politicians and religious leaders.
--- End quote ---

Exactly. They are just humans, same as any other (ok, maybe not Tesla, he admitted his ideas came from the source outside of himself while sleeping). What makes them acceptable to the matters of flesh, sort of speak.

I understand ur idea, and u are right to a certain point. But all im saying is, lets not make science above everything else, create a farking golden cow and praise it like there is nothing around it. Cause there is. And im pretty positive that ONE DAY in the future, science will be so all knowing as we like to think it is. But its not.

ps: love the Pythons ;)

--- Quote ---This makes about as much sense as saying that police officers are mostly just power corrupted officials.
--- End quote ---

most of them are. i hate to burst ur bubble, but most men dont join the police cause they wanna be a hero, they join to fill their lil egoistical frustrations ;)

--- Quote ---You're classifying the majority of a group of people based off of just a few.
--- End quote ---

Hm, weird, it looked to me that people were doing the same when we talk about Christians for example ;)

--- Quote ---Science has lead mankind to its greatest achievements and brought the highest quality of life in human history.  The same CANNOT be said of religion
--- End quote ---

Cmmon, r u serious?

Do a lil research and see how many parts of the world got medical care, water, electricity and schools cause of the Church? Some of the greatest artists were payed by the Church as well. Those of highest quality too ;)

Science maybe led us to this point where we all sitting comfy by our laptops and debate while sipping instant coffee. But take a look around, a very good look, and if u have at least a bit of reason, u will notice its not THAT great.

Its easy to spit on God and faith and all that when one lacks the same. No one has to believe in it. Its a personal choice. But science doesnt give u that. Its firm, rigid and prolly the only ones that are aware of its thin walls are astrophysicist. You know, the guys that are aware of mutlidimensional reality :)

--- Quote ---Based off of the positions you've taken and proposed, I have a difficult time believing how logical your mind really is.  And I mean that in no offense, but more of blunt honesty.
--- End quote ---

Oh im not offended, im quite aware that some lack the ability to see outside the box. Being blunt as well :)

Jake:

--- Quote from: vampiric_black_demon on June 14, 2012, 11:58:48 AM ---So, as I said before this is meant to clarify and to prove the existence of demons (I hope).

--- End quote ---

Hm. The "proof" you offer is - basically - "because religious texts say so"?

vampiric_black_demon:
nope , the texts provide a background a sort of study before engaging in anything to do with actually summoning/ dealing with the creature

Jake:

--- Quote from: Nina on June 17, 2012, 01:44:58 PM ---sure they did a lot of good, but lets be honest and say that they did as much bad.

--- End quote ---

But that wouldn't be "being honest."

--- Quote from: Nina on June 17, 2012, 01:44:58 PM ---Recent studies show that some of the most spread vaccines that were used not so long ago cause mental and physical retardation.

--- End quote ---

The study that started all this nonsense was Wakefield et al's Ileal lymphoid nodular hyperplasia, non-specific colitis, and pervasive developmental disorder in children, published in the Lancet in 1998. In fact, this was a small study with no controls, linking three common conditions, and relying heavily on parental recall and beliefs. Scientists spent the next ten years trying to replicate his findings but consistently found no evidence of a link between the MMR vaccine and autism. The paper was retracted in 2010 after it was found to be not only "fatally flawed both scientifically and ethically" but also "an elaborate fraud." Wakefield altered numerous facts about the patients’ medical histories in order to support his claim to have identified a new syndrome and then exploited the ensuing MMR scare for financial gain. He also did not declare his conflict of interest through his involvement with a lawsuit against manufacturers of the MMR vaccine. "Not one of the 12 cases reported in the 1998 Lancet paper was free of misrepresentation or undisclosed alteration, and  in no single case could the medical records be fully reconciled with the descriptions, diagnoses, or histories published in the journal."

As the British Medical Journal reported after Wakefield was stripped of his credentials and declared unfit to practice medicine, " the damage to public health continues, fuelled by unbalanced media reporting... Although vaccination rates in the United Kingdom recovered slightly from their 80% low in 2003-4, they are still below the 95% level recommended by the World Health Organization to ensure herd immunity. In 2008, for the first time in 14 years, measles was declared endemic in England and Wales. Hundreds of thousands of children in the UK are currently unprotected as a result of the scare, and the battle to restore parents’ trust in the vaccine is ongoing... [P]erhaps as important as the scare’s effect on infectious disease is the energy, emotion, and money that have been diverted away from efforts to understand the real causes of autism and how to help children and families who live with it."

--- Quote from: Nina on June 17, 2012, 01:44:58 PM ---Then lets pretend that those scientists dont do their big jobs for even bigger corporations, take millions and give humanity lovely things as new diseases, toxic wastes, chemtrails, GMO that kills fertility in both animals and humans.... nothing honorable in that science that u put so high up.

--- End quote ---

Jonas Salk, the virologist who developed the world's first safe and effective polio vaccine, would not let it be patented. He considered it such a boon for humanity that when asked "Who owns this patent?" he replied, "No one. Could you patent the sun?"

"...chemtrails" - there is no credible evidence that there is such a thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version