Monstrous Café > Idle

Dream Dictionary, what do you dreams meen?

<< < (2/4) > >>

The_Seeker:
First of all, I agree with Lord Moriya's comment.  This should only be taken as a gimmick.  Also remember that dreams could just be random bursts of brainstem activity and the brain's attempt to make sense of it produces the hallucinations in the form of dreams (Seligman and Yellen, 1987).  And even Freud said "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"...though that may have been an attempt to dodge accusations of his possible oral fixation instead of a general metaphor...

Well enough dodging and I'll fess up my "analysis" (with a little censoring if you don't mind).

--- Quote ---To see a ........ in your dream, indicates that something in your life is not what it seems. It is symbolic of fear, repressed anger, and uncontrollable violence.

To dream that you are a ........., suggests that some aspects of your personality are hurtful and even dangerous to your own well-being. You are headed down an undesirable path. Alternatively, it refers to your repressed instincts.
--- End quote ---

I've had a bit of both of these situations quite often.  The analysis is rather vague though.

...This may lead to some odd conclusions...

Morticia:
I can usually interpret my own dreams fairly well.  If I can't, I have a minister friend who's very good at dream interpretation.

I've had a recurrent dream for 9 years, since the end of my first marriage.

At least a couple times a week I dream I am somehow back with my ex-husband, unwillingly, and am trying to find a way to run away from him.

~Morticia

Horus:
if you have a dream somebodys eating you what does it mean

jordyn:
this is a good thread...why not bump it back up?

i dreamt i was, attacked by a snake last night....;)

Snake

To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you.  Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also be seen as phallic and thus symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes. 

how very interesting...

Devious Viper:

--- Quote from: Horus on July 12, 2006, 07:59:47 PM ---if you have a dream somebodys eating you what does it mean

--- End quote ---

1.Beliefs or attitudes that are eating away at you

2.Feeling that your energy is being devoured or leeched

--- Quote ---Snake
--- End quote ---

A snake within a dream often symbolizes transformation, resurrection or rebirthing
A snake bite may suggest self-sabotage
Mysticism, healing, enlightenment
Being highly sensitive to the vibrations of others
A sleeping or coiled snake may represent Kundalini energy or life force
The penis
Sexuality or sexual energy
Temptation

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version