Monstrous Café > Idle

Why you shouldn't upset employees

(1/2) > >>

Devious Viper:
[Missed this first time around; but man, ROFLMAO]

Dog sh*t ham

A Wakefield man lost his appetite when he found "dog sh*t" listed among the ingredients on a packet of ham. Mick Woods, 34, examined another of the 300g containers and saw the same 'additive' listed on the label. And he admitted: "Obviously I haven't eaten it. It sort of puts you off."

His partner Tracey, 28, bought the 99p packs of cooked, sliced ham from a store near their home. The dad-of-three added: "We spent 40 minutes laughing. But we haven't put any in the kids' sandwiches and we had something else for our tea."

Manufacturer H R Hargreaves & Son said it axed an employee over the labeling prank and was trying to recall the ham.

A spokesman for the Manchester firm said: "We can't have people fooling about with food products. A number of packs are affected. We're trying to find out what shops they're in."

[Also, shows that you really should check the labels on your food!  :-D]

Zak Roy Yoballa:
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know exactly how that can happen!!  We put on two to three different codes on our containers and you could easily slip something like that in.  That's too funny!

Alphamale:
it's full of...dog ****y goodness?

Morticia:
absolutely check food labels.  I bought fat free cheese once and one of the ingredients was "Ingredients not normally found in cheese".  I dont know what that was and probably dont want to.

sorry about the sloppy typing. I fell, hurt back again and broke little finger on right hand.

Morticia
 :doh:

Devious Viper:

--- Quote from: Morticia on July 09, 2006, 11:18:06 PM ---one of the ingredients was "Ingredients not normally found in cheese"
--- End quote ---

That is just a fabulous way of wording something  *<:)

It probably means dog sh*t

One of the things that annoys me is when the manufacturers use arcane language to hide additives from the unwary. In our household we always try to avoid anything that doesn't have good old Anglo-Saxon labelling, and better still stick to approved Kosher.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version