Monstrous Café > Say It!

Messin' with our minds...

<< < (3/3)

Moloch:

Shadowborn:
Ok, I can provide some insight into a couple of these. I'm clueless as to the rollercoaster one, but I'll do some digging later and see if I find anything.

The "ghost" in Three Men and a Baby was actually a cardboard standup that had accidentally been left in shot, leaning on the window behind the curtain. The reason it "suddenly" appears is do to film splicing of different takes.

The so-called "subliminal" sex messages in the Disney films aren't there by design of the Disney corporation, but rather by the artists themselves. These guys work really hard, but aren't given a whole lot of credit for their work. Plus, the hours are long and arduous. In older films, where everything is hand-drawn, artists would often hide their signatures in the background foliage (like in Snow White) or buildings and whatnot. These days, I think it's less about recognition and more about inside jokes and boredom. The guys who did Lion King admitted that the word sex in the dust cloud was intentional...they just didn't think anyone would spot it. The penis-shaped tower in the original poster of The Little Mermaid, on the other hand, I'm not sure anyone has come clean and said it was done on purpose.

Moloch:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version