Author Topic: Are werewolves good or evil?  (Read 13530 times)

Dr.JM

• Monstrous Imp
Re: Are werewolves good or evil?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 03:17:47 PM »
I thing it's a matter of one's thought and opinion what count's good or evil.

JM...
Sanity is for the weak!

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
First we have to question. are humans inherently good or inherently ebil?   The wolfen part isn't evil. at all..... unless they are separate sentient consciousness  in which case they can be classified differently from normal people..
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

WOLFSONG

• Weres
  • Black Monk
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2009, 07:47:18 AM »
We're not any more evil than any other creature.
*~ONE MUST THINK ABOUT A WORLD, ONE WILL NOT SEE~*

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 08:14:46 AM »
.............. We are talking about the same human race that decided racisim/nuclear bombs/excess was a good thing right?

Or are you trying to say that that stuff is part of our"natures" too?
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Anchitiquia

• Weres
  • Monstrous Imp
  • Half-human Half-unclassified
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
I know its been awhile since anyone posted here.  :-)  Oh well.

It is interesting to me this is even being debated.

Humans are omnivores. Werewolves are carnivores.

When i was a werewolf eating anything other than meat gave me stomach pains and gas. Also with the muscle mass of the body i had to support my metabolism was skyrocket. So yes if i had crashed on a deserted island with other humans i would be "evil". Cause my A** would get hungry and i'd eat them BEFORE they would resort to cannibalism.

Does that make me evil? In thier eyes it would. They would be attempting to find a peaceful solution and find something to eat while i'd be licking my chomps saying if we don't catch some fish soon your next.

So its all based on perspective. They have the ability to eat coconuts and herbs etc. In my hunger i would be driven to canibalism at a much faster rate and for the lack of "dignity" would be frowned upon for my disregard of human life.

I guess based off of my horrible example. I'm trying to say it would be easy for a werewolf to disregard "life", portraying us as evil. In all honesty people thats a need. There are many fine examples of humans in the past that didn't "need" to rise to power yet they killed and cared not.

Like what happened in the Ukraine. Lets export all our grain and fund a war while our people starve. That is evil.

Lets take food from people so they die. WHY? To fight a war killing people so they will die. WHY? Cause its not us. We can pull at the strings of all these people watch them die and in the end rule a piece of land or all of it on earth. WHY? You've stumped me cause out of the entire earth someone will rebel.

Werewolves are much much simpler than that. If there isn't enough food we have to survive, kill the competition. We want to make war? Leave and form your own pack or have the dignity to fight with what nature gave you. (man would settle things by strength but makeing guns to hunt, you can just as easily kill another with one. Guns screwed over Busidio which i believe in, makes me abhore this planet.) Far as personal gain goes. Um... you either do it for the pack or you do it for the Alpha, there is no personal gain. If you want personal gain you get all the responsibility and choices of being Alpha, then your more than welcome to Gain whatever you put in the effort for. Its simple

Humans complicate things. Laws complicate things. Morals are nice but they complicate things.

The more complex something is the more "evil" it is in my opinion. "money is the root of all evil" guess what? money is complicated as hell. You can buy ANYTHING with it. How much more complex do you get. A piece of paper that can turn into whatever you dream it to be. POOF. (If you can tell i hate humans :-(, sorry)

I sincerely apologize for this Extremely long rant. It just kinda pushed some of my buttons.

As many has previously said. You are what you do.

Angels have fallen. Demons have been redeemed. Humans go both ways, and so do we.
I know werewolves that kill humans for the simple reason they feel superior. As if it is their god given right being what they are to massivly kill all animals weaker than themselves.

And there are werewolves like myself who think that its just insane to take something like that for granted and you should respect what you've been given and use it to protect others and not slaughter them. *sigh*

Anyway....... *whew* i feel better now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:51:36 PM by Anchitiquia »
What is time but you in motion? What is motion without the time to use it?

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2010, 12:15:56 AM »
I don't believe in such things as good or evil, so I'm not quite sure I should be posting in the thread, but let me just say this:

"Wicked phenomenon, yes? But you know, it's not any more evil than, say, fire. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement." - Khan, Metro 2033

Yeah, it's a quote from a book/game, but hey, it fits. Like our friend Khan, here, is saying, to those warmed by the flames, they're good, while to those burned by them, they're evil.

P.S. Quote isn't directed at anyone, it's just the first thing that crossed my mind when I read the topic title.
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Lupus
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 03:55:45 AM »
is humanity good or evil? same principle here. You cant class a whole group under good or evil - personalities vary too much. besides , good and evil is just a concept that humans created and entangle themselves in.

Jareiwolf
  • Weres
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 07:06:26 AM »
im not evil, i help anyone i can, my human and wolf side
There are things far worse then death...

Bekah Anne
  • Weres
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 01:31:24 PM »
personally, im not. but i guess it depends on the person, or were. its a highly personal choice, and has nothing to do with all weres together.
werebeast from the east-BeKaH_aNnE

LeXtruX

• Realized Monster
  • Go forward, never look back!
    • LeXart.be
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 02:55:59 AM »
good and evil are concepts of societies... in reality there is no such thing as good or evil, animals aren't evil, they do what they need to do to survive...
same goes for humans, we call Hitler one of the most evil persons ever to have existed... but what if he had won the war? then he would have been a godlike figure... history is written by the victor, and the victor makes the rules... we think he's evil because we won against his army and our side didn't get along with his ideals...
It was long said to be evil to be gay, but now it's becoming more aknowledged... good and evil are perceptions we humans invented.
So, let's look at the concept of our modern society's interpretation of good and evil...
If someone, wether he be human, were, vamp or smth else... if he goes against that society's law he will be seen as evil (look at Osama Bin Laden, he's the world greatest terrorist, but those that follow him think the same about Bush), where as if that person would help old ladies, or save children or other people, he will be seen as good, a hero...
Being a were doesn't make you evil, it is what you do that defines what you are^^

The stories about werewolves say that they are evil, that they attack humans etc... but those are just horrorstories, whereas (and I hate to make this comparisation) in the movie (and books) of Twilight they aren't shown as all evil (same for vamps) which was the best aspect of the movie, because they show it's their deeds that makes them good or evil, not what they are.

So long story short: were's aren't evil beings, it's the individual that can be good or evil.
Fight for those you've lost and fight for those you don't want to lose! -LeXtruX-
"Yes, I made my avatar... Yes I made everything myself, and No I did not use any existing pictures" ^_^

white-she-wolf

• Weres
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2010, 05:34:40 AM »
I think it's a different opinion between everyone you ask.
Personally, i think that we are not evil. But not all of us are good as well.
Each wolf is an individual. They are all different just like snowflakes. No 2 are the same.
We have mood swings were we may be happy one minute but incredibly mad the next. Its all different.
Tired of Trying
Sick of Crying
Yeah, I'm Smiling
But Inside I'm Dying

Redfan45x

• Young Beast
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2010, 10:53:56 AM »
Ask yourself these two things.

Is Man good, or evil?

Doesn't "Werewolf" mean "Man Wolf"?

That should give you your answer.
I saw and was silent,
I saw and thought,
and heard the speech of Odin
I heard about what lay in the runes,
and there was much council given.
At the hall of Har, In the hall of Har;
Such was the speech I heard.

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »
see now someone sees where I was originally going with this. Is man good or evil? A very big philosophical question.

I also was trying to get to the point that people portray werewolves as evil because of two reasons 1. they are not the norm of nature (with humans being at the top, because werewolves are above humans) 2. Humans fear anything they cannot control.

So I guess the real question would be worded: Do werewolves hunt humans because they are part human making it cannabalism? And I mean the traditional shapeshifters, not weres because that is a different situation all together.

By the way, I don't mean to offend any weres on here because I love werewolves with a passion. I was just curious because of mainstream popular culture portray them as evil with good intentions.

Truthfully, for my personal opinion wolves are not evil but humans can be, due to free will. So a werewolf would be able to choose to be good or bad.
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

onishadowolf

• Weres
  • Realized Monster
    • FaceBook
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 01:00:52 AM »
Yes, free will does seem to give a twist to everything. The hunting...well, who's to say they're not dispatching the wicked ones.
-The shadows connect us all-

blueblood
  • Watchers
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2010, 03:10:24 AM »
im not evil...  and i cirtinly dint sell my soul to the devil lol    sum ppl are born what they are  :roll: