The Darker Side > Human Monsters

What defines a monster?

<< < (6/6)

Ryobi:
I have always been led to believe that a monster is someone that is seen by society as being in the wrong (in a way 'evil'). Not because they need to be but because they want to be. For instance a thief may steal bread to feed his starving family and not be considered a monster however a monster will steal bread just because he can or for malevolent reasons.

Calling someone a monster is like calling them normal. It's all dependent on what that society deems wrong/evil.

Ravening:
That's pretty much what I'd say as well and I'm tempted to wonder how many monstrous.com members are monsters.  Another consideration is those for whom are monstrous in thought but not in deed as well as those who are monstrous in thought and deed.

Muerte:
  A monster can also be one who manipulates others on a consistent basis for no other reason than to entertain themselves.  They tell you what you want to hear, they encourage you, enable you, then stand back and watch as the manipulated commit acts they believe to be of their own devising.  Some monsters are those who treat their fellow man as nothing more than puppets and show said individuals as much regard as the inanimate.

Remember Ladies and Gents.  The world is a stage.   <^>  MY STAGE!

Ryobi:
Muerte, that's a really good example of other monstrous deeds that are categorised as such because they are seen as 'wrong'.

As for monsters present within this community there seems to be many. Doing 'evil' because you want to is the mark of a monster. As has already been pointed out.

Of course this doesn't mean we all are, I personally am very glad that I know I'm not a monster and actively try not to be. However, certain members do actively try to be malevolent. Take for instance the putting down of new members to hurt them, I wouldn't be surprised if those who did that enjoyed it.

Does this make them monstrous? In a way yes.

Question though, does having 'monstrous' thoughts make you a monster? My answer to that would be; never, unless you acted on them.

Does it mean that there is a monster dormant inside of you? A while ago I would have answered that with a resounding yes but now I'd ask in return, 'if a dog thought it was a cat, does that make it a cat?'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version