Ghosts, Poltergeists & Apparitions > Ghost hunters

paranormal groups

<< < (2/4) > >>

ravinclaw:
I will agree that some of the groups on tv are approching things the wrong way, maybe even most, but there are one or two that set fairly good examples. But the advice is to let people know how to find a local group and join it. Advice for ghost hunters is in '' ghost hunting 101''  Im not being a prick or anything, just saying.

AWBrielle:

--- Quote from: matthew321 on February 09, 2011, 10:05:38 AM ---Well this may be obvious but new people need to hear this.

Do not do what you see on t.v. This is a very fundamental lesson and still holds.

The ghost hunters on t.v. are jokes. Following their example will only ruin your fun and perhaps cause you harm.
These people talk to spirits in a manner that I perceive as being an ass. You don't talk to live humans this way so why is it okay to talk to dead ones like that?

Think of how you would want to be approached if you were dead by a live person.

But throw all the crap on t.v. out the window and start fresh. They need ratings, you want success. So don't compromise dammit!

--- End quote ---

I completely agree. I find that, half the time, ghosts, spirits, etc. are treated as idiots in the physical world would be treated on television. Talked to as if they're idiots. Investigated as if they're some sort of pansy study. I don't know, I wouldn't feel very much respected at all as a human being if I was talked to or treated the way they are on television, so in any instances in which I've done this kind of work, I've made sure to talk to them normally, and respectfully.

That's just me, though. I've met a few who have been successful while acting in ways I would not recommend or approve of, but hell, to each their own.

Anaya:
@MATTHEW321 & AWBrielle
Ghost Hunters has some credibility to it, so don't throw it all out! Ghost Adventures? Yeah, that stuff is trash. I recreated everything almost that that show has put forward and I'm not impressed. Ghost Hunters though, I have been to some of the same places and got similar evidence. Don't dis it to the public; just give caution that some may be staged and some may be real. Not everything on TV is fake--a lot is, don't get me wrong--so be kind enough to go as far as extra research before your try to go further into something.

@the actual topic of this thread
I lead a group of hunters in my local area called Experimental Paranormal Investigation Crew (E.P.I.C.) and we have investigated one house where a murder had supposedly taken place in and a couple of graveyards that had no dawn or dusk signs posted. Our group uses both technology and metaphysical technique but use only the technological evidence when making claims. We have a couple of mist pictures and orb pictures (that I have come to disregard do to too many possibilities) and one odd video where a red light showed up that wasn't from any of our cameras or equipment nor could we find an outside source. We ran out of places to investigate without risking trouble... well, we risked trouble before but they really have been cracking down on security were we are located.

ravinclaw:
Thank You Anayu, my thoughts exactlly on the groups on tv. " I thought I was going to have to get out the ruber hose for a minute" lol . Oh these newbies are great aint they! Im so farkin thrilled I cant hardly stand it!!  but seriously, some of them are starting to grow on me a little.... kinda like a fungus...or not.

AWBrielle:

--- Quote from: Anaya on February 09, 2011, 10:54:58 AM ---@MATTHEW321 & AWBrielle
Ghost Hunters has some credibility to it, so don't throw it all out! Ghost Adventures? Yeah, that stuff is trash. I recreated everything almost that that show has put forward and I'm not impressed. Ghost Hunters though, I have been to some of the same places and got similar evidence. Don't dis it to the public; just give caution that some may be staged and some may be real. Not everything on TV is fake--a lot is, don't get me wrong--so be kind enough to go as far as extra research before your try to go further into something.

--- End quote ---

I haven't watched Ghost Hunters, so I can't talk too much about that, but point taken ;)

@Ravinclaw, I'd be a little respectful. I think you need to know a little bit about a person's experiences and their work, both offline, and on this website, before labeling them a newbie. Had I below 70 posts, then yes, I would agree. I'm sure that many on these boards will agree that I am in no way a "newbie;" you, on the other hand, seem to like stirring trouble and should quit it posthaste. Have a little respect; I'm not afraid of your pointless criticisms whatsoever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version