Ghosts, Poltergeists & Apparitions > Ghost hunters

Poltergeist! This is Amazing!: VIDEO

<< < (5/5)

Nina:
Agreed Awbrielle. We didnt say its always kids fault, but in cases of poltergeist, it is of living human source. If its not, then it aint poltergeist.

Paranormal Avenues:
Apologies if I came off as a bit gruff, but this is a pet peeve of mine. The " this is not an entity but simply psychic forces given off by the target subject" theory became widely popular during the time that I was having my experiences, and I was told more than once, with that smug, knowing smirk, that this was the case in my situation. It was not.

Now, far be it from me to declare myself an expert on anything.  For all I know, this theory may be valid in certain situations. But my gut feeling is that every "poltergeist" event is caused by a separate, intelligent entity, and while I believe the are drawn to and feed off of teen angst, emotional instability, and other strong energy, i do not believe that these energies are the sole cause of the activity.

Nina:
With this said, maybe the thing you experienced wasnt a poltergeist but some other sort of unrest spirit.

AWBrielle:

--- Quote from: Paranormal Avenues on November 26, 2011, 07:01:54 AM ---Now, far be it from me to declare myself an expert on anything.  For all I know, this theory may be valid in certain situations. But my gut feeling is that every "poltergeist" event is caused by a separate, intelligent entity, and while I believe the are drawn to and feed off of teen angst, emotional instability, and other strong energy, i do not believe that these energies are the sole cause of the activity.

--- End quote ---

I am not giving you a "smug, knowing smirk," for what it's worth. It's not always the case - though usually it is - that a poltergeist is simply a person's energy being transmitted in a powerful way. Sometimes - note that I do not say "every time," because, believe me, I've seen poltergeist cases that are exactly that: personal psychical energy - sometimes, I am sure that there is another entity involved. Your experience is likely proof of that. However, there is a classification for what you are saying, and if we're going to generalize it, then we would call it an "intelligent haunting." I'm not sure if what I'm saying really makes sense - I hope it does! :P

I'm neither with you nor against you on this one. You raise valid points. But you can't peg this down on every poltergeist case. Every case is and will always be different.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version