The Animal Within > The Werewolves' Den

is that why crazy things always happen on full moons?

(1/2) > >>

lonerangergirl:
here's my quiz, if we really turn into wolves on full moon, is that what causes all the weird things that happen then?
4 example, usually i see this ghost in my house then (it looks like a fog really). and i usually get a bad grade on my math paper in the morning. and a couple times, i've seen people crying at school in the morning.

ps- this could b caused by the fact that all the people in my city r werewolves.
*loner-anger-girl-or-lone-ranger-girl*

Devious Viper:
There have been a lot of 'scientific' claims lately that the Moon has no significant effect on human behaviour. I think what that really proves is that statistics don't lie, but statisticians do! There is plenty of good scientific evidence showing that the Moon does affect human behaviour; for example...

At the University of Miami, psychologist Arnold Lieber and his colleagues decided to test the old belief of full-moon 'lunacy' which most scientists have written off as an old wives' tale. The researchers collected data on homicide in Dade County (Miami) over a period of 15 years — 1,887 murders, to be exact. When they matched the incidence of homicide with the phases of the moon, they found, much to their surprise, that the two rose and fell together, almost infallibly, for the entire 15 years! As the full or the new moon approached, the murder rate rose sharply; it distinctly declined during the first and last quarters of the moon.

To find out whether this was just a statistical fluke, the researchers repeated the experiment using murder data from Cuyahoga County in Ohio (Cleveland). Again, the statistics showed that more murders do indeed occur at the full and new moons.

Dr. Lieber and his colleagues shouldn’t have been so surprised. An earlier report by the American Institute of Medical Climatology to the Philadelphia Police Department entitled "The Effect of the Full Moon on Human Behavior" found similar results. That report showed that the full moon marks a monthly peak in various kinds of psychotically oriented crimes such as murder, arson, dangerous driving, and kleptomania. People do seem to get a little bit crazier about that time of the month!

That’s something most police and hospital workers have known for a long time. Indeed, back in eighteenth-century England, a murderer could plead 'Lunacy' as a defence if the crime was committed during the full moon and get a lighter sentence as a result. Scientists, however, like to have a hard physical model to explain their discoveries, and so far there isn’t a fully accepted one. Dr. Lieber speculates that perhaps the human body, which, like the surface of the earth, is composed of almost 80 percent water, experiences some kind of 'biological tides' that affect the emotions. When a person is already on psychologically shaky ground, such a biological tide can push him or her over the edge.

Crimes and violence aren’t the only things affected by the 29½ day full moon cycle. In the Journal of the Florida Medical Association, Dr. Edson J. Andrews writes that in a study of 1,000 tonsillectomies, 82 percent of postoperative bleeding crises occurred nearer the full than the new moon — despite the fact that fewer operations were performed at that time! Clearly, the full moon is a dangerous time for surgery, and the dissemination of this knowledge should result in planning operations for the new moon.

As for 'ghostly' events and so on, well, there may be a correlation between the planetary movements and the sun's cycle of solar magnetic activity (sun spots, solar wind, solar flares etc.) affecting our world in ways we have yet to determine or fully understand...

~ Viper ~

(Edited: Sometimes my spelling stinks! Big fingers.)

Morticia:
I've seen research that says there are more babies born during a full moon than at any other time of the month, too.

~Morticia

Voo:
You would have to throw that in, wouldn't ya???????? Just rub all us lonely single idiots' faces in it, why don't you????!!!! haha Jk
As for me, I've always known that the full moon affects me. I get really energetic and manic. Joyful. Want to dance and throw stuff at boys. You know. Isn't that normal? No? What are you trying to say? I aint normal? Well!! I never!!!!  :P

Morticia:
Kids?  You want a kid?  I'll loan you mine.

He's 14 and comes with his own drumset and amplifier.

Let me know when you're expecting him and I'll put him on the next flight.  I can only afford a one-way ticket right now but we can work out the finer details later........    :twisted:

Love ya,
~Morticia

p.s. As far as giving birth: let me assure you that you haven't missed anything desirable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version