Witches Brew > Pagan Living

Power for spells

(1/4) > >>

Zak Roy Yoballa:
This is mainly for jorydn but anyone can answer.

Where does the power for your spells come from?  This isn't a loaded question and I'm not being an jerk, I honestly want to know.  Do all spells get their power from one place?  Is it from beings or mystic energies or something else?

ZRY

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Zak Roy Yoballa ---This is mainly for jorydn but anyone can answer.

Where does the power for your spells come from?  This isn't a loaded question and I'm not being an jerk, I honestly want to know.  Do all spells get their power from one place?  Is it from beings or mystic energies or something else?

ZRY
--- End quote ---

from yourself...well, more precisely the energy of your will.

i'm sure this reply would vary depending on the practicioner you are speaking to...but in my opinion and experience most magic is based manipulating various energies, available to a person who tunes themselves into that aspect of our world...whether they are personal energies(desire, visualization, the soul etc.), external energies(demons, fairies  and their like)more animistic(stones, herbs,etc.) or mental associations(scents, color etc.)

when doing a spell, it's not the words but the intent of your will...for example, say i want a hundred dollars.  

I go about the necessary motions, researching what is best to attract the energies associated with prosperity, gathering particular stones, herbs and oils, that also have associated energies, choose an appropriate chant, perhaps summon an appropriate archetype, choosing the best phase of the moon, the most beneficial day and if i want to get really technical, an associated hour...while i'm gathering, researching and designing, i'm focused on that hundred dollars...and my reasons for needing it.

i do the spell, release the gathered, collected and focused energies and let them attract like energies...to me, presenting me opportunities i may have missed if my energy was focused elsewhere, or not at all.

it won't manifest itself like some genie's granted wish, i do have to keep my eyes open for the opportunity, maybe play the lottery, enter a contest..or it may be a more subtle opportunity, someone calls in sick to work and i get a few extra hours, a family member is inspired to give me a hundred dollar bill, someone who owns me money, repays it...i guess it's not so mystical when presented in this manner.  :?

there are some practioners who use nothing but the will of their mind, simply visualizing and focusing on what they need, rather than going through all the ritual and motions, their spell power comes from meditation and focused will...a lot like prayer, yet not calling on an external force to assist them in their desire.

but those methods aren't as much fun, in my opinion. ;)

i hope this answers your question, i've never realized how difficult it is to explain how magic works...if you want anything more specific, just ask.

Zak Roy Yoballa:
Thanks jordyn!

So your style encompasses multiple sources of energy that are manipulated.  It seems, from your observations, that there are others who specialize in one energy type, like fairies.

Maggot Man, is that similar to your experiences too?  

What about anyone else, jordyn was kind enough to share her views what about anyone else?

ZRY

Morticia:
Jordyn,

How do you know for sure that the energies you use are not from some evil source?

~Morticia

Zak Roy Yoballa:
STOP!!!  HOLD THE PHONE!!!!!!!  IS THAT MORTICIA!!!!!!

ITS ABOUT TIME YOU SHOWED UP!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version