Author Topic: LUCID DREAMS  (Read 10275 times)

bridigid
Re: LUCID DREAMS
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 01:41:26 PM »
I had a recent Dream it went something (well just about exactly) like this...
after quite a ...steamy interlude with a the object of my affection,
we went for a walk down through the neighborhood.
we were the only ones seemingly in this world...
one with vivid greens and a pink sky.

we come into a field...

At this point I get pulled out of this Dream
by someone ( a friend) wanting to speak to me.
He says he want to give me a demonstration
of his power and in effect show his supremacy...

I find myself back in the field.

I heard a shout from a disembodied voice
telling me to move.
I ducked and a large object came
from the side
(barely missing my head)
hurling towards my lover...

I knew it was the "friend"
and I was not the target.

while he is responding,
I turn to see the One attacking
with plans of decimating this interloper.
It is seemingly human with panther markings
all over his body.
As I move towards it
it's pack proceed toward me from behind a huge rock.

I pulled out this point,
removing myself from dream
in a panic...
my fear was not for me
but the safety
of the one I adore.

I felt sick having left him there.

This needs no analysis.
I am fully aware of what happened,
and why.

Bridigid

Erin_wolf

• Weres
  • Black Monk
  • I am the eyes of the night....
    • Therians and Werecreatures
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 11:29:24 AM »
Most of my dreams I have are lucid now. Well, instead of wanting to get out of my dreams when I realize I am dreaming I usually just want to do things that I can't do when I am awake, like flying, shifting into wolf form etc.

I've trained myself to do a lot of things in my dreams since I was a kid. :-)
I am the spirit of the wolf, the fire of it's heart.

http://iamatherianthrope.webs.com/

Sometimes life seems too quiet
Into paralyzing silence
Like the moonless dark

-Sorrow by Flyleaf

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 03:33:32 AM »
Its horrible. I lost that ability at age 13! i don't know why!
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 01:55:14 PM »
I always wake up the instant I get lucid... I keep thinking "oh its just a dream... *blink*" then I'm awake :(
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »
 I still haven't learned how. My dumb@ss is stuck there until I wake up... and sometimes I can't even do that.
...The monster in the cage
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Andrea Warfare

• Great Master
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 09:25:15 PM »
That only happened to me once when I was in elementary school...it was strange I remember choosing to hide under a chair from a dragon and went into this house on the moon and all the kids that picked on me were shipped away off the planet on rockets at my free will...It felt so real,haha
We are all unique.You my dear are uniquely non-unique.

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2009, 05:56:29 AM »
Apparently a good technique to induce lucid dreaming is to write the same thing on your hand, day after day, until, while you are dreaming, you start to notice it's not there and begin to realise you are dreaming.

A phrase my friend is using is 'I am Awake' and he's had quite good results so far.
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2009, 07:19:10 AM »
 I"m not sure I understand that concept....
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 10:05:22 AM »
Apparently a good technique to induce lucid dreaming is to write the same thing on your hand, day after day, until, while you are dreaming, you start to notice it's not there and begin to realise you are dreaming.

A phrase my friend is using is 'I am Awake' and he's had quite good results so far.

That's something I'll have to try... There's also the MILD method. It works the same way, you ask yourself if you're dreaming every time you see something specific. After a while, you'll start realizing you're dreaming.

I"m not sure I understand that concept....

Basically, you end up checking several times a day if you're dreaming or not, because every time you see the writing on your hand, you ask yourself "Am I dreaming?" So when you see that there isn't anything written on your hand you start to realize you're sleeping and that's when you get lucid.
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 10:09:15 AM »
 Ohh.. I see. So, instead of someone trying to kill me, I could make myself wake up??
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »
Yeah. Although, if you're already trying to wake up, wouldn't that mean you're conscious that you're dreaming, that you're lucid? You said sometimes you just couldn't wake up... I always get lucid by the end of nightmares, around the time when I know I'm gonna die or I just see something too freaky. I go "Hey, it's just a dream!", calm down, and wake up.

I think this happens to a lot of people because theoretically, you shouldn't be able to die in a dream. If you were to die in a dream, you'd die in reality, too, since when you're dreaming, your mind is still receiving all the sensory signals and if your brain receives the message that your heart's stopped beating... You get the idea... It's just something we were taught in biology two years ago, I'm not sure if it was proven, though.

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 01:11:27 PM »
 When I say I can't wake up, I mean that I wake up for less than a heartbeat, but fall right back asleep and right back into that dream. I'll do that repeatedly. It's horrible.. and depending on the dream, terrifying.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2009, 04:56:18 PM »
Wow, that's never happened to me. :-o Not in a nightmare anyway. The only time something similar happened, I was getting up, getting ready for school, then I wake up in my bed. I get up, eat breakfast, etc., then wake up in bed... VERY annoying... When I really woke up, I was late and missed the bus...

Kadesh

• Realized Monster
  • Monsters beware...
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 06:21:01 PM »
 It's never happened during a sex dream, lol. Only during my most horrible nightmares. And when I finally do wake up, I can't tell reality from the dream for a little while, so I'm very confused and I need comforting. It's a trial for whoever's stuck with me.
       Is coming for you...
         9-29-10

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 09:34:22 PM »
I find that if I wake up in the middle of a dream, I feel like I've suddenly dropped onto the bed from a great height, I'm still pressed into the bed.

Strangest feeling ever.

Then I commence my repeating the dream and fixing up everything that went bad in it and making it into something good and finishing off whatever I was dreaming about, until everything feels alright again.  :roll:
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"