Ghosts, Poltergeists & Apparitions > Ghost hunters

Sigil Scratched Into Skin [Can't Identify]

<< < (2/4) > >>

Starving.Wolf:
I had thought of the Freemasons as well -- as a matter of fact that was what I'd thought of right-off-the-bat.  Something about it didn't quite jive, though -- the area had nothing (that we knew of) to do with the Freemasons, or even the Teutonic Brotherhood.  The Compass-and-Square just didn't fit the motif.  I did some further digging, especially into the Seals of Solomon, and I found some other surprising stuff:

1) Alchemical symbol for Arsenic -- not quite spot-on, but close.  Maybe unfinished?
2) Voodoo Vevres -- many Vevres incorporate this design into their larger patterns, but one particular Lwa -- Marassa Jumeaux: Lwa of Twins and Duality -- had this as one of her most basic sigils.
3) The Ars Goetica -- had a seal; the 1st Pentacle of Jupiter -- with this sigil in the upper left area: the same corresponding area on the victims back.  This particular seal relates,  unsurprisingly, to Possession.

Thanks for everyone's help, by the way -- I found most of this stuff after getting onto tracking down the Seals of Solomon.  If any of you come up with anything more, don't hesitate to post!

~ SW

Silvesther_Lusion:
When I look at it, I can only see how much looks just like the start of an unfinished, unicursal hexagram.

The Unicursal Hexagram.

--- Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicursal_hexagram ---English author and occultist Aleister Crowley's adaptation of the unicursal hexagram placed a five-petaled rose (symbolizing the Divine), in the center, the symbol as a whole making eleven (five petals of the rose plus six points of the hexagram), thought by some as the number of divine union.[citation needed] It is used in the Greek and Hindu mythologies as a symbol of dedication to the divine rulers.
Wikipedia source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicursal_hexagram

--- End quote ---

NOTE:
I found absolutley nothing regarding on how old posts can get before it is taboo to reply on them.
If I'm making a misstake on this, I beg humbly of appologize.

Angelus:
This is the closest I could find. Its the freemason square and compass.

matthew321:
I haven't seen a unicursal hexagram in a long time... I like the clover in the middle or perhaps a flower (no one is ever sure). That is what I believe the free masons derived a few of their symbols from and with that ideology I can tie multiple theories together. It is a curse that was placed by someone or something with masonic ties. The masons derived their symbols from this particular one.

So I do agree that the mark resembles the mason's symbols more. But their symbols are derived from other symbols that are derived from yet other symbols. It is an ever going cycle of no origin.

Silvesther_Lusion:
Me and my girlfriend looked it up in one of my books -right after my reply had been posted.
Indeed, the sign has more similarities with the freemason symbol than the unicursal hexagram.
Still, since it looks like something of a more simple nature in it's design, in combination with the angular structure, it almost looks like a rune, something you's carve in stone or something of that nature.
I cannot help you any further here at this very moment.
ToYL /S.L.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version