The Darker Side > Human Monsters

Remy moraly corrupt or not?

(1/1)

ZahzVeheronn:
I really wasn't sure where to put this as the fellow in question is  basically being legally accused of being a monster and is facing massive fines, censorship, and jail time.   
Remy is a make-up artist in Canada, Whom last I checked is  facing a law suit and prosecution for his  art work relating to the horror genre under article 163 of the Criminal Code of Canada. The suit accuses him of  being "Moral corruption", due to the graphic and gruesome nature of some of his Horror and dark art, special effects makeup, as  such he has already been forced due to the suit to  take down  one of  portfolio  pages on the internet. Inner Depravity Was a  project that explored the personality and universe of  the sort of person we would call a psychopath.

On the other hand  much of his Horror art  is no worse than what one can find in horror and  thriller  type movies these day, and even then Psychopaths, mass murders and the like have  long been popular subject matter, and characters in the media.
I have a link to his Deviant art but   much of it is under a mature filter block for those who are not logged in.  so you can't view  some of the debated pieces unless you have an account,  else I'd link to it.

So do you think it is fair to charge  somebody who works  in the horror genre of being  morally corrupt, as one would charge the fictional  character who's  view of the universe the artists was attempting to portray?

Do you think that this Censorship is  fair or reasonable, or should  the charges be dropped

I am curious to  hear are your thoughts on the case.

boodle:
of course not morally corrupt. that's just stupid. if they can successfully charge this guy then they need to go lock up the directors of films like SAW and Hostel.

How do these things even get a sfar as a courtroom?  :roll:

ZahzVeheronn:
That was  what the majority of people (my self among them) who signed his petition thought and felt, sad thing  was that as an artist  who was actually making a living off of his  makeup art,   this caused a major bit of interference with his life, as well as brought to light some serious loop-holes in Canadian censorship laws, and  lawsuits relating to criminal cases.  Apparently it has caused interference for about a year now and last I heard from him he was still waiting for his hearing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version