Author Topic: The best sword type against zombies.  (Read 16402 times)

Night Energy
  • Vampires
  • Monstrous Imp
The best sword type against zombies.
« on: March 11, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
Which sword type do you think would be the most efficient against zombies?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:31:04 AM by Night Energy »
The pain will follow you even if you don't want.

Thinking bad of yourself is the worst thing it can ever happen to you.

Say things against me, but think on them before.- me

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
Re: The best sword type against zombies.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:55:08 PM »
A lightsaber! Can cut through anything, and never has a dull edge.

Ok, in all seriousness, I guess if I had to go with a sword it would most likely be a katana. I know, a somewhat obvious choice. But its just what'd I'd rather have. In the case of any blade, I'd go with a Kukri machete.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

"True warriors are humble men"

Nina
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 04:46:09 PM »
Any long range one  :lol:

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 09:26:32 AM »
Chainsaw

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 02:47:02 PM »
Or the legendary chainsaw crossbow, which can fire chainsaw at over 200 feet. And I change my sword, I'd rather go with a Makhaira. I love the look of the blade, and it is closer to something I'm used to handling.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
Chainsaw boomstick combo. Long Live Bruce!! But on a more serious note, quallity is way more important than style. Dont buy anything that says 440 stainless on it, and even though some of the best swords out there are made in Japan, if "made in Japan" is stamped on the blade.... stay away from it or else one whack and your holding a handle with no blade.

Nina
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 08:28:56 AM »
Chainsaw crossbow? wth? There is such thing? Wow!!! I want on:lol:

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 03:01:09 AM »
  Personally I would stay away from sword like weapons when dealing with such an adversary for a variety of reason, two of the most prominent being that

A.) The closer you are the more likely you are to become infected yourself, not a happy thought

and

B.) With such a weapon you have to cut through the skull and go deep enough to do significant damage to the brain.  Every time you do so you risk getting you weapon wedged, and in a situation like this you want to have continual movement and freedom to act.

Saying this there is one such weapon that I would consider  IF  I had to choose.  The Naginata.  Not only does it have the advantage of range, but if the blade becomes "Caught" you can separate the haft from the blade and still have a pole like weapon.  Long live the Naginata!

In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 07:14:22 AM »
Good choice, but would the brain have to be damaged or just removed? A neck is allot easier to cut through than a skull.

Night Energy
  • Vampires
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 10:57:17 AM »
The swords doesn't  require ammo, this is the reason why is a good choice even if it gets wedged.

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »
I'd be trying to survive, not focused on facing wave after wave of undead. Plus, shooting keeps you focus on a single target. With a blade you can focus on your surroundings. But still, props for the Naginata Muerte. As I said, I made my choice based on what tools I'm used to handling. A Naginata would be something I have no experience with, so I would most likely die within minutes.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 05:59:26 PM by ViciouslyMe »

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 08:02:37 AM »
If you can kill a zombie by cuting off its head, I think I would go with a big heavy broadsword. If you actually have to damage the brain, think Id just go with a sledge hamer. It could turn skulls to powder without geting stuck.

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »
  Brain must be damaged.  Remove the head and the mouth can still bite.

Also what is the difference between running out of ammo and loosing ones only weapon due to being unable to reclaim it.  At least with a rifle you can opt to club s**t with it once you run out of ammo.  You loose you sword and that is the end, no if's and's or but's about it.  Swords look cool, but in the big picture looking cool will get you killed (or worse).  If you want a decent melee weapon go for a nice medium sized pry bar.  Same size as a Katana in most cases, it will kill your zombie with a blow to the head, and you can utilize it for other aspects of survival.

I always suggest choosing for survival , after all, who is the one better off.  The cool looking one......or the one still living?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:01:49 AM by Muerte »
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

Night Energy
  • Vampires
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 01:53:41 PM »
Well a shotgun is only able without ammo to be used as a club, but a sword can pierce and cut the flesh, losing it is another thing.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:11:15 PM by Night Energy »

Muerte

• Realized Monster
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 06:43:15 PM »
Well a shotgun is only able without ammo to be used as a club, but a sword can pierce and cut the flesh, losing it is another thing.

Flesh.  And I assume that it is flesh which houses the brain?  Also a rifle can be used as a club.